Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Feaster!

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

I hope you've had a great day celebrating Easter how you do best!

Today I went for a shop and picked up a few goodies! (I did get some clothes but being that the focus of this blog is beauty I won't worry about that! lol)

My poor hand was a bit beaten up for swatching about 40 gazillion lipsticks and pencils (I'm pretty sure that's an accurate number! lol)


My nice stained hand!


It was a nice day out and the shops weren't horrendously busy as per usual so I could actually get some decent help! Anyway, here are my goodies!

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Luxe Naturale
I already currently own one MR lippy (Lady at Play) and I love it! It feels so nice to wear. It sort of has a glossy non-sticky texture, but still having the pigmentation/better staying power of a lipstick! I chose Luxe Naturale because I was in the search for (another) nude for when I do bright eye makeup! (sometimes i'm not in the mood for bright eyes AND bright lips together!)
Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Luxe Naturale
Mineralize lippies have different packaging to other MAC lippies. They have a stylish flared design and a magnetic cap! Very sleek indeed! You also get an extra 1.04g of product compared to a standard lippy (4.04g vs 3g) and pay an extra $10 for it ($46 vs $36 in Aus). Therefore, I recommend if you get one of these lippies, pick a colour that you will get wear out of!

Swatch of Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Luxe Naturale

Luxe Naturale is a nude colour with just a hint of pinky peach! I feel that it suits my few-shades-off-ghostly-white skin tone.

Bare Minerals Eye Colour in Grace
Like a MR lippy, I already have a few of these (my theory: if it's good, buy it in every colour! haha). I wear two, Drama and Nude Beach, on a regular basis. I bought this from Mecca Cosmetica for $17.95 (well, the fiance paid for it as an easter present... so it cost me nothing! haha). While it looks like you get a decent amount (and yes, they would last you a while), you don't get as much compared to other loose pigments. They are however, very good, so it makes up for it!

Grace is a pinky nude with a gold undertone. I chose this for everyday wear, when I am wearing  more gold coloured things (my other stock standard - Nude Beach - is very cool toned and I don't think it's always appropriate). Grace also comes out a bit lighter on the skin than you would expect!

Bare Minerals - Grace
 
Bare Minerals - Grace Swatch
 Illamasqua Bronzing Duo in Glint/Writhe
Ahhh Illamasqua. My favourite counter at Myer Chadstone. I am always served by the same awesome chick and we always have a great laugh, chat about the products, and she is rather patient when I ask all sorts of reasonably curly questions and laugh about what I can be talked into! haha. She was the one who first fit me for my Skin Base Foundation and 100% props she got it right and I LOVE it! Anyway, today I picked up two products. A bronzing duo and the lippy. I am not normally a bronzer person. Blush blush blush is all I'm about, but I looked at this palette, swatched it and HAD to have it! The bronzers feel SO SO silky and luxurious, they melted onto my skin. I can almost see myself using Glint (the lighter one) as an eye highlighter, and others have suggested to use them as shadows (also something I am likely to do as I use NP's Bronze Patrol as a shadow from time to time). I am actually really excited to use these because they feel so awesome!

Bronzing Duo in Glint (Left) and Writhe (Right)

Glint (Left) and Writhe (Right)
These bronzers have beautiful gold tones and aren't what you think of when you think bronzer (well I think of a horrible dark matte powder a-la Rimmel). Anyway, they are shimmery, but not too shimmery. Almost like a satin (if that is the correct use of that texture! lol). Glint is a nice nude colour and Writhe is a darker, warm tan/terracotta-ish brown. There is another bronze duo available if this one doesn't totally hit the spot! It's Glint/Burnish - where burnish is a cooler brown.

Illamasqua Lipstick in Apocalips
Last but not least, my other lippy purchase for the day! I have always had a bit of a crush on Apocalips, plus I like it's pun-factor, but not felt like I could wear it! (When you see the swatches, you may understand why if you've never seen it before!) However, when I was picking the brains of my favourite Illamasqua lady, she suggested a few ways to wear it and I was sold! haha (see, told you I can be easily influenced at times!).

Illamasqua Apocalips
See, it's teal! (and very in your face!). Certainly not something for wearing in a small-town! However, I have no issues with colour so I would happily wear it! (It is sporting a few moisture spots but the product is a-ok!)

Apocalips Swatch (with a hello from my Easter Nails!)

As you can see, from the swatch it is a nice mid-teal very matte! While Illamasqua lippies can feel a tad drying they don't budge! (like really, don't budge!) They are a very low maintenance lippy if you want to throw it on and go! They also have very bright and a very good range of colours so there is something to appeal to everyone! With the price drop in Australia they are down to a much more reasonable $25!

Now is also a good time to mention that illamasqua.com are currently having an 'easter hunt' and have big savings on shadow, pigments and polish! (they also have one more to release which I'm betting to be lipstick!) - So now is a good chance to grab some bargains or try some colours you wouldn't normally while they are 45% off! (BARGAIN!)

So there you have it, today's Easter picks!
If there is any other products you would like to see, let me know!
Love,
Your PM x

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I want the Bare Minerals pigments but then again loose pigments just.. I turn away from them. Maybe I can press them.. a cheaper option than other pigments I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loose pigments are a bit messier but i love them! you don't need much at all! i use them on my lid with nyx eyeshadow base!
      at $18 they are reasonable, but not much weight. they are a nice quality pigment though! the occ loose colour concentrates are $14 ($11.20 atm on lipstick republic) and you get 2.5 grams. heaps more! they do have some neutral colours too! i used wasabi today and i was impressed :)

      Delete