Monday, April 15, 2013

Here's Looking at You! FOTD/NOTM

Greetings!

Tonight I am going to share with you my FOTD/NOTM that I had for my trip to Salon Melbourne! I thought I better be all pretty and fancy so I look like I fit in! (no orange tracksuit unfortunately!) I even went to the effort of putting some curls in my hair (and that is a special occasion thing! lol). I had a great time (even though I was only there for about 2 hours!) but I am full of wonderful blogging ideas to share with you over the next little while! (so make sure you visit back regularly!)

Here was my FOTD (Face of the Day):
(Sorry for dodgy iPhone quality - was in a rush so didn't get a camera photo! lol)

FOTD
And for those interested, I used the following products:

FACE
  • Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer
  • Kryolan TV Paint Stick in NB1
  • Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No.6
  • Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No.1 (for blending into neck)
  • Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder in N2
BLUSH
  • Napoleon Perdis Eyeshadow in Flamingo Road
    • Yes, you read right... Eyeshadow! It is such a pretty colour but I am not the biggest fan of wearing reds on my eyes! (I posted about Flamingo Road in my Multi-Use Products Post)
  • NARS Blush in Torrid
  • Illamasqua Bronzing Duo (Glint only) as a cheek highlighter
EYES
  • Kryolan TV Paint Stick in NB1
  • Kryolan Translucent Powder in TL1
  • Napoleon Perdis Eyeshadow in Green Living
  • Napoleon Perdis Eyeshadow in Queen of the Night
  • NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
  • OCC Loose Colour Concentrate in Flicker
  • Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Mosaic Gold
  • Napoleon Perdis Mesmer-Eyes Mascara
  • Napoleon Perdis China Doll Gel Liner in Equinox
  • Eyebrows: Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake in Vehement
LIPS
  • MAC Mineralize Lipstick in Lady at Play
PHEW! If you've managed to survive that you'll realise I use alot of products! Sometimes, a little splash of product X or Y can take your makeup from nice to really nice! I really liked my blush in this FOTD. I had Flamingo Road on the outside from my hairline, blending down to mid cheek. Torrid was blended from the apples of my cheeks, up! I then added a touch of Glint from Illamasqua's Bronzing Duo along the top of my cheek for a bit of interest!

Now, nail polish lovers don't be disappointed! Here is my NOTM (Nails of the Moment):

Zoya Kimber
I'm calling it a NOTM rather than a NOTD or similar, becuase I don't know how long they will last! haha. My nails, as mentioned, have the habit of chipping polish like it's nobody's business. However, as I write this (after being on for two days), there is only one tiny chip... amazing! (I think it's becuase they are filed bone short but Murphy's Law is probably not wanting me to try out my new polish yet!) - and yes my hands are still in terrible nick. I'm working on it!

The polish pictured is Zoya Kimber from their Surf Collection (part of Beach and Surf). Surf is such an amazing collection! It's a set of 6 foil-y polishes in fabulous colours! (to date, my fave Zoya collections are Surf, Sunshine and Sparkle! Though, with my newbies I've just picked up I may be adding Ornate when I get a good look at it!) But I'm digressing...

Anyway! Zoya Kimber is a beautiful rasperry red/pink with a foil-y gold shimmer! The bottle in the picture is quite accurate, and the nails show the shimmer up well. I constantly find myself staring at my nails! (and for those wondering I used Cult Nails' 'Get it On' base coat, and two coats of 'Wicked Fast' top coat). Kimber certainly has alot of appeal and would make a great colour for your toes too!

I am full of blogging ideas at the moment, so stay tuned for more posts over the coming days!
Love,
Your PM xx

No comments:

Post a Comment