Sunday, April 28, 2013

PM'S TOP FIVE: MAC

Hello again,

Time for another instalment of PM'S TOP FIVE, with today's focus being MAC Cosmetics. I will certainly not deny my love for MAC lippies, but there are a few other products of theirs that I really like! (yes lippies will feature! lol). So here goes:

My MAC Top Five!
Amplified Creme Lipstick in Morange
3gms for AUD$36
Morange Lipstick
Anyone who knows me well, knows my love for Morange! It would have to be one of my favourite lipsticks, easily! I am having the biggest orange phase at the moment (hopefully a lasting phase), I think mostly started by Morange! It is a deep, bright orange that leans more red than yellow (thank goodness becuase otherwise I couldn't wear it! Yellow based anything makes me look like I have jaundice!). Morange is one colour I reach for over and over again! The colour also lasts really well, and touch-ups are seldom needed! (I do wear it with Illamasqua's Hex Pencil to ensure that there is no bleeding!). I love all of MAC's Amplified Creme finishes, and if orange is not your thing, I do recommend you try another shade!

Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Lady at Play
4.04gms for AUD$46

Lady at Play Lipstick

The Mineralize Rich lipsticks have only been out for a few months, but Lady at Play quickly cemented a place in my heart! Not only is the colour beautiful (it is a slightly pink leaning bright coral), the finish is great and it feels great on your lips! It goes on light as a feather, I don't find it drying and it has a magnetic cap (also a rather nifty feature!). The colour looks a bit sheer on my hand, but it does go on to be pretty opaque (I was actually quite suprised when I swatched it that it was so sheer!). It also lasts pretty well for such a creamy/shiny lipstick! (You are more prone to losing it when you eat lunch, but aside from eating, barely any touchups are needed!). You can see me wearing Lady at Play in my FOTD here.

Powder Blush in Mocha
6gms for AUD$41

Mocha Blush
Mocha Blush

Mocha is a great everyday blush! MAC describes it as a "soft plum-pink". I think it's reasonably accurate, as you can see the plummy undertones, but I'd almost be more inclined to describe it as a "neutral dusty pink" (you can see a brown-y streak in the photos!). It's a matte blush (which I am a huge fan of), and it is easily buildable and blendable! Again, one of the harder ones to stuff up! Mocha would also be a great pick for the cooler months becuase of that darker undertone!

Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent
1.2gms for AUD$33

Undercurrent Pearlglide Liner
This is an absolutely beautiful colour! I am a sucker for teals/greens and this is no exception! Undercurrent is a blue base with a gold and green shimmer! *swoon*. Pearlglides are also an amazing formula, and feel like butter when they go on! (probably softer than butter they're that soft!). They also set a bit so they last pretty well and barely budge! They are a bit hard to come by... You can't buy them off MAC online (in Australia anyway). I got Undercurrent from my closest PRO store, but if you're lucky you may snag one from Myer or DJ's (I have seen them there since my trip to PRO). If you saw the Archie's Girls pencils that were recently released, they are also pearlglides! I strongly recommend trying one, they are well worth it!
Hot tip: Because of the glitter content, they are not recommended for use in your waterline (can irritate your eyes).

Paint Pot in Blackground
5gms for AUD$35
Blackground Paint Pot
This is my go-to product for smokey eyes these days! (Black ones anyway!). Since using this for my smokey eyes, I get them done in 1/4 of the time... It really makes them that much easier! Anyone who has done the generic black smokey eye knows that for a good one, you need to go back and keep building the black up... and it takes FOREVER! Well, instead, use Blackground, applying it to your mobile lid and then press on your black eyeshadow ASAP! Paint pots are a cream product and do set dry, so the quicker you get your shadow on there the better. Becuase it sets, I try and keep it out of the crease because otherwise it gets hard to blend). You could wear by itsself if you were that keen, but I probably wouldn't recommend it as it is a bit tricky to get even. If you aren't keen on the black one, there are heaps of other colours to try! They are very popular as bases for your eyeshadow (Painterly in particular is one popular with MUA's).

Do you agree with my picks? Any MAC products you can't live without?

Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment