Sunday, May 12, 2013

UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi

Hello,

Time again for another instalment of 'Under the Microscope' (if you want to read previous editions of UTM, there is a label link on the right side bar).

Today my focus will be on the new(ish) NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi. I have already reviewed Luxembourg, which I loved (and hence I caved and bought two more... oopy!)

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi

Lodhi Swatched

Lodhi is a mid-toned bright coral (it is a bit brighter in real life than in the photo!). It packs quite a decent punch! It reminds me of MAC's Betty Bright on steroids! haha. It's not as red as most corals (well when I picture coral I do picture a tiny bit more red), but it's definitely a nice peachy coral!

Lodhi (left) vs MAC Betty Bright (right)
Ok so curiosity got the better of me and I swatched it next to MAC's Betty Bright to see if I was close! Lodhi is definitely the 'steroids' version but Betty Bright is just a teensy bit more pink (which makes Lodhi look extra red in this picture... funny how that happens!).

Lodhi wore well, but not as well as Luxembourg (I must say I was expecting better from it!). Though, it sort of makes sense as Lodhi doesn't really have the same level of pigmentation that Luxembourg does! After 3-4 hours there was a bit of fading (my lips went a bit patchy but that's because they are still a bit dry). That being said, the Satin Lip Pencils are really nice to wear. They are smooth and creamy to apply and don't feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of your lips! They are definitely one of the better lip colours to try out if you suffer from dry lips! (You still need to scrub up before wearing though!).

NARS Satin Lip Pencils can be purchased in Australia from Mecca Cosmetica for AUD$39 (and you get 2.2gms of product).

Have you tried any of these pencils yet? What is your favourite lip colour?
My review of the other pencil in my collection (Yu) will be up in the near future!

Love,
Your PM x

No comments:

Post a Comment