Friday, August 2, 2013

UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Lime Crime 'Babette' (Review & Swatches)

Hello,

The much anticipated newest lipstick from Lime Crime is out and I have given it a road test to present my findings to you! Yippee!

Babette is a pastel coral. It's a muted, pale colour.
Lime Crime - 'Babette'
Lime Crime - 'Babette'
As you can see from the swatch, it's nice and muted coral. Not really bright but not really deep! It has been marketed as 'Coquette's' pink cousin! I have swatched them side by side for you:

Lime Crime - 'Babette' (left) and 'Coquette' (right)
As you can see, they are somewhat related. Coquette is quite brown, but still has a pink tone (it reminds me of the colour of bandaids lol). Here is Babette in action:

Babette on the lips, Illamasqua Tremble blush, Lime Crime Aquataenea & D'Antoinette Palettes on the eyes!
The wear time was pretty decent considering it's a pale coloured lipstick! I applied it in the morning, and it had pretty much disappeared by the time I had finished my lunch (expected), but a lunchtime re-application saw a good four hours of wear out of it in the arvo! (could probably be longer but I got hungry! lol). I wore it without lip liner and did not notice any bleeding either.

Packaging is Lime Crime's standard purple unicorn tube (which I have no problem with... it works and it stands out in your handbag! woohoo!). As for fragrance, there wasn't one. This I am perplexed by as normally LC lippies have a vanilla-y scent but this had nothing. That being said, I'd rather no smell than a bad one! (However I am curious as to where it went! lol)

I would recommend this for paler skin tones. I know, personally, I tend to shy away from nudes because they make me feel pale and pasty (and like my lips have disappeared). This is a good alternative because it's got a pink undertone. It's still neutral enough to go with everything but has enough colour to give you a bit of life! It also looks great with Illamasqua's 'Tremble' blush (as seen in the action shot!). It's also a good option if you aren't overly confident for wearing bright colours.

Babette will set you back USD$15.99/AUD$21 for 3.5gms. (Great value considering it's such a quality product!). You can purchase LC from limecrimemakeup.com or in Australia from lipstickrepublic.com.au


This gets a big thumbs up from me!

Have you tried Babette? Thoughts?
Love,
Your PM x

p.s. You can view swatches of the rest of my Lime Crime lipstick collection here!
p.p.s. Stay tuned for a dupe test featuring Babette! Coming very soon! (i.e. As soon as I've published this I'll start it!)

4 comments:

  1. Damnit, this makes me want this lipstick now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is pretty awesome!
      p.s. payback for all the mac you have made me want to buy! lol x

      Delete
  2. Cella7/8/13

    I liked it too! I liked it much better than Coquette, which totally nuded out my lips. They looked identical in the tubes when I got them, thought - thank goodness they were not.

    I found its 'staying power' impressive, too - as long as I didnt eat or drink anything, it stayed on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love it too! I was suitably impressed! :) I've actually reached for it a few more times than I was expecting!

      Delete