Friday, July 19, 2013

SWATCH FEST: OCC Loose Colour Concentrates!

Hello,

Tonight I have swatched (and therefore am blogging about) my OCC Loose Colour Concentrates collection!

OCC are probably most well known for their super pigmented (and awesome) Lip Tars (which I will swatch eventually!), but their Loose Colour Concentrates do not disappoint!

There is a whopping 35 colours in the collection, of which I only have 11 - but hopefully this helps a bit if you have been trolling the Internet looking for some swatches! (I do eventually aim to get more but I am trying to resist buying every cosmetic item I lay my eyes on at the moment!). Be warned: These are crazily pigmented! (Now would be a good time to take your socks off so they don't get knocked off by the impending awesomeness!)

Top L-R: Tryptych, Flicker, Glisten, Clove, Platonic, Ironic
Bottom L-R:  Static, Cavu Blue, Wasabi, Chlorophyll, Nori
Packaging is a clear screw-top jar and it does have a three-hole sifter inside (this is good if you are clumsy and end up throwing it around - you won't lose it all over the floor!).




L-R: Tryptych, Flicker, Glisten, Clove, Platonic, Ironic, Static, Cavu Blue, Wasabi, Chlorophyll, Nori
L-R: Tryptych, Flicker, Glisten, Clove, Platonic, Ironic
L-R:  Static, Cavu Blue, Wasabi, Chlorophyll, Nori
Here is a little run-down on the colours:
Tryptych: A regal metallic gold. It is a yellow based gold. I purchased it with the intention of using it in ombre lips. This will probably never touch my eyelids due to the yellow content! lol
Flicker: A pinky tinged beige with gold shimmer.
Glisten: A pinky based coral with gold shimmer.
Clove: A neutral/champagne beige. It is more brown than Flicker. This would be a good neutral eye pick!
Platonic: A pale pink. Surprisingly pretty on! Along with Clove, these would be great colours for bridal and/or everyday makeup.
Ironic: A metallic silver with a gold and purple shimmer. This is actually a surprisingly interesting colour! I thought it was just a metallic silver but I was wrong!
Static: A blue based purple with a blue shimmer.
Cavu Blue: A bright cyan blue. This one has got some punch!
Wasabi: A yellow tinged bright green. It's described as Chartreuse (but I always imagined that was more yellow!).
Chlorophyll: A bright mint green. OCC describe it as turquoise, but I always imagine turquoise as slightly bluer. Either way, super pretty! 
Nori: A darkened teal/sea green. A great colour in the winter months!

I swatched these colours on my bare (pasty) arm - if you wear them over a primer (such as NYX Eyeshadow Base) then you will end up with a more intense colour! (But as you can tell they are pretty intense already!). I also recommend something 'sticky' (like an eyeshadow base) particularly if you are going to press them onto your lid. They will last much longer! They do blend out without a problem though. I have used Nori in my crease (my lids were prepped with foundation and powder) and it blended out without a problem and stayed put very well! Cavu Blue, Wasabi, Chlorophyll and Nori are a tad more matte than the other colours (they still shimmer, but as you can tell from the photos it is not as apparent!).

My picks: Wasabi, Chlorophyll, Nori (can you tell I like greens?)

OCC Loose Colour Concentrates will set you back a very reasonable AUD$14 for 2.5gms (very generous and super good value!). You can buy OCC from Lipstick Republic (great to deal with and you can use code 'RepublicVIBs' for 10% off! Woohoo!).

Have you tried any of the Loose Colour Concentrates? Which are your favourites?
Love,
Your PM x

p.s. Wasabi has been featured on my blog in my April Favourites and I have worn Flicker in a FOTD! x
p.p.s. if you want to see some more colours in action, find me on Instagram (@polishedmakeup)

No comments:

Post a Comment